Friday, May 29, 2009

Mixed Feelings

So, if you know anything about this day

you'll know how excited Caleb was for his first day of Kindergarten. And, naturally, I was so excited and so proud - just feeding off of his excitement. I cried later. And the day before. And the night before. But never in front of him. He was too excited!!

So, today when I dropped the boy who used to wink at me like this


for his last day as a Kindergartner, I cried a little inside. Outside I was so proud and so excited as he clapped his hands and proclaimed that "after today, I am a first grader, and in just a few years, I'll be in college." Gasp. So, I cried at home. Alone. Where has the time gone?

So, hug your babies, cuddle with your toddlers, read to your children that book you've read to them 3,000 times already this week. It goes by so fast. You're gonna miss this. You're gonna want this back.

Caleb receiving his awards and Kindergarten certificate.

No comments: