Sunday, July 12, 2009

Oh where, oh where have we been?

Okay, so I realize I am way over due to post, but it got me thinking, how many (of my two readers) have really been checking?!

So, I am going to attempt a post a day for a week. Albeit, some may be very short, I'm gonna try.

Recap of the summer thus far:

Pool, river, movies, repeat.

Really, though, we have been very busy. In June, we:
* spent a lot of time at the pool or river
* helped my mom have a garage sale
* attended karate camp (well, one of us did)
* packed my mother's entire house for her move after she broke her arm
* helped my mom (in four trips to fredericksburg and brady) move
* the boys spent a week at Greg's parents having a blast and attending their VBS (allowing me time to help my mom and sneak a a few dates with my sweet hubby)
* twice a week visits to the physical therapists - the boys are surprisingly amazingly well behaved while we are there
* started taking Spanish (the boys)
* Father's Day and several birthday parties
*pool, river and more pool and river
*oh, and trying to stay cool during our 105-110 degree days (can anyone hear the ca-ching sound of my electric bill rising?)


For the Fourth of July, we drove to Midland to check out Jared and Kendall's new pad and spend the weekend. We went to Balmorhea, looked at potential houses, ate a lot, watched the fireworks, and got to see rain for the first time in ages.

We are currently gearing up for our church's VBS - I am doing registration again (last year our attendance was over 800). We are eagerly looking forward to a weekend trip to visit with family!! And, I am trying to hang on to some of the summer - it seems to be flying by.

I have some great pics of the happenings around here, and I will post them throughout the week. Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer - hope you are staying cool!
Oh, and I'll leave you with some pics of the boys "walking on water"...

2 comments:

Megan said...

I can't wait to read a post a day...

I didn't know anything about physical therapy?? who?what?why?

can't wait to see you soon :)

Ellen said...

Looking forward to all your upcoming posts!! :) And to seeing you this weekend!