Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I started this post on Saturday and had every intention of finishing it yesterday. Alas, it did not happen. But, yesterday was really emotional for me. I loved hearing sweet little voices tell me over and over again "Happy Mother's Day," but I was overwhelmed with emotions for others. I thought about and prayed all day for those moms serving in our military half a world away and unable to see their children, those moms who are very much still moms but their babies are being held by Jesus, those that long to be mommies and are unable to have children, those children who hurt because they just want to call, hug, sit next to their moms and can't, those moms who would give anything for more time with their children, but they can't. My heart broke. Many of my sweet family and friends endure some of these situations, and I know Mother's Day isn't any different than any other day of the year for them except the huge reminder.

All these thoughts made me think about my kids alot too. I am incredibly thankful that I can hug them, hold them, and love on them whenever I want - I take that gift for granted sometimes. I'm thankful for those sweet boys that have given me millions of opportunities to learn as they teach me. I'm thankful for their sweet spirits, their passion and determination, their precious smiles, their kind words, and most of all their love for their Creator.

I'm thankful for an amazing husband who walks along side me in the journey called parenthood. I am eternally grateful for the person God blessed me with and the father he is to our kids.

And, not just today, but everyday I am hugely thankful for my mom. My mom is a giver. She has always given more of herself than she would ever think of taking. Over the years she has shown me how to love, how to serve, and how to be a mom. My mom is, by far, the strongest woman I know. She is an amazing example of Jesus in my life and I love her so much. Thank you seems so small.

About a year and a half ago, my mom and I went on a trip to New York City. A trip that had been planned in our hearts and minds for nearly twenty years. It was perfect. Amazing. These are pictures of the two of us on our trip...

"Her children arise and call her blessed." Proverbs 31:28
I love you Mom!!
And I can't help but put a picture of my sweet boys - all three of them! I love you all so much and thank you for a wonderful Mother's Day.

No comments: