Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mean People and Lessons Learned

So I found out today that someone who I thought was a friend was saying some ugly things about me the other day to some other people I know. I know, I know, your first reaction is "what is there bad to say about Aleesa?!" But, once you move past that...

Well, the word got back to me. Of course, my first reaction was get even. It was fleeting; it's just not my nature to get even. Then, my second quick thought was confrontation, but again, just not feeling right about that.

So, once I calmed down, and thought about things (and Greg said some very wise words), I decided to pray. To pray for my reaction, and for this "friend." And, it also made me seriously think about some of the words that have come out of my mouth. And, how hurtful some of them could be.

Note to self: when you speak about someone in public, make sure it's something you want them to know you said. That's a lesson learned. And, sometimes these lessons, they hurt.

That's enough of that.

No comments: