Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's What's for Dinner

And I'm not talking beef. On Sunday, I asked Cameron what he wanted to eat for dinner on his birthday. He replied "pizza." UGH. Not that I don't like a nice slice of pie, but seriously. He had just had it the day before at his party, and he has it every Wednesday night in choir at church. But, in letting go of my "perfection" attitude and the idea of preparing a nice yummy birthday meal, I said "ok."

Then, that night, by a stroke of wonder, that sweet kid walked up to me and said (prepare yourself), "mama, it's okay with you, I want fish for my birthday." I stinkin' love that kid! Heck ya' it's okay with me!! However, I had already been to the store.

So, Monday, after Bible Study, we stopped by HEB to get aforementioned fish, and I said "we need a couple of things." And Cameron replies, "yes, two things; fish and broccoli." WHAT?! Yep, you read correctly. Fish and broccoli. Nevermind that we had just had broccoli for dinner on Sunday night. I asked him if he was sure, and he said "absolutely." We got the broccoli and corn on the cob (his other favorite), then went to the fish. He was emphatic that he didn't want one of the selections (the one that was a whole fish - eyes and all). The lady handed us our tilapia and Cameron carried it with him until we checked out.

And, it was a super yummy dinner - Greg makes the best pan seared tilapia! Mmm-mmm.


Blowing out the candle on his banana nut cake Ms. Monica (the best neighbors ever) made special for his birthday!

Cameron's answer to the question "who is the best mom ever?"
Not really. He wouldn't look at the camera, so I was asking him "cameron look at me; no, at me; cameron where is the camera." And, he answered me.
Putting on his new Superman pj's that he got after dinner and after cake, that I had to handwash and stick in the dryer because he had to wear them (because you wash clothes before you wear them - especially to bed)

complete with cape in the back.

No comments: