Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Growing Up Too Fast

In the last week, I have cleaned out both of the boys' closets. Things have been re-organized, re-hung, re-done. Both of their top shelves had become a landing place for the stuff "I'll go through this later."

And, after having accomplished the clean-out, I'm left with a realization that hit me like a Mack truck - my kids are getting big.

When I was hanging up some new clothes in Caleb's closet for back-to-school, it hit me like a ton of bricks when his clothes no longer stayed on these


and he graduated to these adult-size versions



Ugh! Where did the time go?!

Then, as if that wasn't enough, salt was added to my fresh wound.

I cleaned out Cameron's closet, and finally pulled out the monogrammed diaper bag that my sweet friends gave to me when he was born. Knowing I wouldn't part with it, I had stuck it up in the top of the closet and just piled stuff on top. Well, everything came out to sort and go through, and this is what I found:

After having myself a good moment, I forged on. Soon, after my cry moment, Greg came in and asked what was wrong. He sweetly hugged me, looked in the closet, and said "your baby's getting bigger?" And, then I really lost it stayed composed and blubbered something about how he's not a baby anymore, he's a big boy, he's going to be 4, and some other ramblings.

I got it all out and finished the closet. Later that afternoon, we took them to the pool, and it was so nice that they are bigger and swimming and a little more independent. I look forward to what is ahead and this time in their lives. (don't worry - i stashed that cute little preemie diaper away to reflect on later again)

1 comment:

Valerie said...

AWWW!!! just reading that made me sad too. I cant believe how fast time flies.