Friday, July 31, 2009

I am

I am passionate about being fit,
But I am not always passionate about fitness.

I am a foodaholic,
But I have been known to skip meals.

I am passionate about a clean house,
But I am rarely passionate about cleaning.

I am crazy about reading,
But I don't always read what I should.

I am passionate about being a nurse,
But I haven't 'worked' as one in almost 4 years.

I am easily excited about budgets and numbers,
But I am not always passionate about sticking to it.

I am always eager to travel,
But I do not like to unpack.

I am easily concerned about the way I look,
But I often go days without wearing make-up.

I am blessed by good friends,
But I am not always a good friend in return.

I am a sister to two amazing brothers,
But I am not not always an amazing sister.

I am a daughter blessed with parents that love me for who I am,
But I have not always been a child to be proud of.

I am deeply, richly, and infinitely blessed by my children,
But I find being a mother to be one of the hardest and sometimes painful jobs,
and I am not always good at it.

I am more in love with my husband than I have ever been,
But I am not always the wife I should be.

I am a child of God,
But I do not always behave, talk or act God-like.

"but by the Grace of God i am what i am, and His Grace to me was not without effect..."
1 Corinthians 15:10

and for this I am forever grateful.

No comments: