Sunday, September 13, 2009

Birthday Party Re-Cap Caleb version

Caleb's birthday was on the Friday of Labor Day, so we decided to have his party the next week. For his actual birthday and the holiday weekend, we were invited by our awesome neighbors to Rockport. We headed down after school on Friday, because you know how important celebrating with your friends at school is. We spent the next three days fishing, swimming, and eating (alot). Our neighbors, fondly known as Mista Bud and Miss Monica are amazing and we have been continually blessed by living next door. They treat our kids like grandchildren and spoil all of us. Their youngest daughter, Kelly, made Caleb a cupcake birthday cake for his birthday. He loved it!!

Cameron, obviously, liked the cake...

Mista Bud and Miss Monica gave Caleb a camo visor with a flashlight attached - it was a hit!!

Greg and the boys kayaking. Miss Monica took the rest of the pictures that weekend, so I don't have anymore to show, but it was so much fun!!

For those of you who don't know, we have been in quite the drought/dry spell here in South Texas. So, this past week, when we were blessed by half a foot a rain, it quickly looked like the swimming Star Wars party was not going to happen. Being the birthday party obsessed mom that I am not, I had to last minute figure out decorations, games, change of venue to not disappoint my sweet son. I only whined/cried/had a major anxiety attack complained just a bit.

In the end, it all worked out well. I visited 11 stores trying to find perfect decor and games. I was HUGELY blessed on Friday morning when I was in full panic mode by my friend who happened to be at the big box store at ten minutes until 8 in the morning as well. She kept reassuring me that everything was going to be fine, and then gave me a huge gift. These magic words came out of Miss Julie's mouth - "why don't I take Cameron today so you can go to all these places and get stuff done easier?" Hallelujah - I think I even heard bells ring. For the record, I did put up a slight argument. But, oh my heavens, I was able to get so much more done!!

The party, I think, was a success - Caleb told me thank you at least ten times and he loved every minute of it!


Playing "pass the Death Star" while we wait for everyone to arrive

The very yummy Star Wars cake

Ready to go hunting

Playing his new Wii game with the lightsaber attachments with Drew
Whew! I'm exhausted!

No comments: