Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pretty Painted People

Being the mother to sweet boys, I don't get the opportunity to indulge in some of the mother/daughter things that my mom and I love. Don't get me wrong; I love my sweet boys, I adore their personalities, I enjoy watching their activities, but there are plenty of things I don't do. I don't go to ballet or dance. I don't fix hair in the mornings. I don't buy Christmas dresses with matching tights and hairbows. I don't have Barbies in the house.


So, a couple of months ago, our family went to the birthday party of some friends of our's kids. Grace, the little girl, is Caleb's age. Conveniently, around the same time, a new nail salon opened in town that has little chairs and mini-pedis catering to the younger girls. Well, I thought, in all my brilliant thinking, that we would get Grace a gift card to use at this place.

They took their gifts home from the party to open, and later that day, we saw Grace, and she thanked me for the gift card. I told her, that I would really love to go with her when she goes. Did I mention I don't get to do this? :-) She smiled real big in her big Grace grin, and said "okay" and giggled.

Just before school started, Grace called and asked when would be good for me to go get our pedicures, and we settled on that coming Saturday (although, I really think she wanted to go right then). I had to explain that I needed to wait for Greg to be home to stay with the boys because I didn't think they would enjoy the pedicure experience quite like us girls.

So, Saturday came, and Grace, Julie (her mom), and I went for pedicures. And, it was delightful! It was so fun to go do girly things with a girly girl. (don't tell her I said that; she can climb trees and catch frogs with the best of 'em)



We didn't have the camera at the nail salon, so this is from later that evening:

Grace and I - aren't we cute?!




Grace's cute little purple toenails with flowers




Just for good measure - Grace's frog

No comments: