Thursday, December 17, 2009

And the Winner Is...

ME!!

On Sunday, Greg and I attended our first ever Ugly Christmas Sweater party. Umm, I was very slightly obsessed with finding THE perfect (and by perfect, I mean worst) Christmas sweater out there. Alas, I was quite disappointed with my shopping finds. But, never fear, 'cause I know people. After searching through multiple Goodwill stores, resale stores and stores you might think would carry such an item and coming up empty handed, I called in the resources.
Now, I'm a little concerned about revealing my sources for fear you out there might try to take their goods next time you are invited to such a party. (but not really)
My mom brought some lovely items. And, one of them was a quite ornate sweater. However, I feared it was not quite tacky enough in its own right, so I accessorized. The sleighs on this particular item were all different animal print, so I wore animal print tights, an animal print scarf, and took it one step further by adding pink lights (battery pack operated) to my ensemble.
For Greg, we called in our secret weapon - Cindy. She HOOKED US UP! She had several less than currently tasteful sweatshirts and shirt/pant get-ups and one really special sweater. I really think some of her stuff was better than the animal printed sleigh sweater, but I was afraid to lose on a technicality of wearing a sweatshirt versus sweater. And, let's face it, it's all about winning. Right?

I do want to note, out of respect of our sources, that none of our items are in their current seasonal attire pile. They all had to be located in order to be borrowed. But thank goodness these people stockpile!

Are you just dying to see our pictures?


The first is a close-up so you can see the fantastic-ness that is us. The second is so you can see all my accessories. Notice the lights? You can even see one of them glowingly reflecting off of Greg's pocket. :-)
So, due to my "lit up" style, and after a vote, I was announced ugly sweater contest winner. I don't know that that necessarily makes me a winner, but I'm taking it and claiming it!

1 comment:

The Blues said...

wow-that is what I have to say!! Ann and I really need to pool our resources and go into business-and hire Aleesa as assistant!! She really knows her accessories!(and she did not say if those tights were in HER current wardrobe pile!!
I am soooooo proud- and I know Ann is as well!! Glad yall had fun!!!