Saturday, December 19, 2009

Northpole Village

My dad, Myra and I took the boys to the Northpole Village Thursday night to see the big man in red. My boys LOVE going here every year and it has become a tradition of sorts. The village is set up so fun for them - the bakery has cookie decorating, the toy shop lets you adopt a toy, in the library you get to pick out a book to take home, the barn has animals you can pet, a workshop lets you make a jingle bell necklace, icefishing for chocolate, in the church is a nativity with carols, an outdoor sleigh ride (hay ride pulled behind a tractor) and a live nativity. My two favorite parts, though, are seeing Santa, and the postoffice where you can write, stamp and mail a letter to the Northpole. This, unfortunately was where the battery died in my camera and was not our last stop. Myra had her camera and I got some more pics throughout the village, but I don't have those pictures yet. I will post them when I get them.






No comments: