Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Nothing is hung by the chimney with care...

...not that there ever was, because we don't have stockings at our house since I can't chose on four that I just absolutely love and can't live without. Don't get panicky, we have stockings at the parents' houses. ( i knew you were curious where Santa leaves my coal) :-) Anyway...

The decorations have been down and packed away for almost two days. I luurved my tree this year, and it makes me sad to have it gone, truth be told. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have it all down and done. However, now there is a lot of empty space. I went from some really pretty fall decorations for two months to Christmas decor for 6 weeks, that quite frankly, I'm staring at some barren space now that I have no idea what to do with. I am related to some really crafty, artistic, keen eye kind of decorators, but that gene passed me right up. I'm pretty sure there is going to be some painting in my future - don't tell Greg - the words painting and Aleesa in the same sentence give him nightmares.

So, tell me, are you happy to see it all down and back to normal? Or are you a little sad and feel you have empty space like me?

No comments: