Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Bad Phone Weekend

On Monday morning, Greg and I woke up and went about our normal weekday routine. As he was about to leave for work, he realized he didn't have his phones - he has a work phone and a personal phone. We looked through his truck, my car, and all the obvious places in the house a few times and came up with nothing. I started asking my sensible questions...When's the last time you used it? Did you have it at so-and-so? Where do you think you remember putting it? Did you leave it in your shorts/pants?

At this point, we are a good 20-30 minutes into the search. He says he had his personal phone on Saturday when he went to pick up a load of mulch for the flower beds. He says he may have left it in his pocket of his shorts. And I say, "Oh, the shorts Caleb loaded last night and washed?" BINGO! We found the personal phone in the washing machine - and let me tell ya' - it is CLEAN!! So, although I'm figuring it is a lost cause, I took out the battery, SIM card, and set it on the counter to dry.


And, we carry on with the work phone quest. He starts questioning if I saw the kids with it, and making absolute statements, like, "I know it was on the counter." Then we move to the bedroom to look, "I know I set it on the dresser." To the truck, "I know I didn't leave it in here." Then the boys get up, "Did you boys play with Daddy's phone?" (no, they didn't) Finally, after an hour, he decides to go to work phone-less.

Well, nothing bugs me more than something lost (that's not true - a lot of things bug me more, but I do dislike it), when I know it shouldn't be. So I keep searching. and searching. and searching. Greg gets to work and calls me from the office, and says, "maybe I set it on your bumper when I put my boots on Saturday morning because I thought I would take it out to my truck to plug it in and charge it." Well, hmm.

So, I tell the boys, "let's go for a ride and see if daddy's phone is on the side of the road." We load up, and head out. Well, apparently, cell phones left on the bumper of the car (maybe) can make it all the way to the entrance of our subdivision. That is where we found Greg's phone. Smashed to smitherines. I stopped picking up pieces at 17.

I Love You, Sweetheart!!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Oh no!! Poor phones never saw it coming! I have dropped a phone into the toilet and accidentally had one fall into a Christmas tree box that we had just delivered to the trash room at our apartment! (I was able to rescue that one) Tell Greg sorry about his phones, guess he'll have to get brand new ones! :)

Ellen said...

Oh and by the way I'm loving that you are blogging a lot! I like reading them!!