Monday, July 13, 2009

Good Ole Fashion Fun

I love a good slip and slide. When we were kids, we wore these things out (literally), and had a blast. My boys love to get it out, but haven't completely grasped the concept of running and sliding; who cares - they're having fun and, personally, I'm ecstatic that my grass is getting watered in the process! A few weeks ago, we invited some friends over for homemade ice cream and slip and slide heat beatin' fun. So, imagine my surprise when I found out these kids had NEVER been on a slip and slide. What's wrong with that??!! So, we made introductions...Drew and Grace meet the slip and slide, slip and slide meet Drew and Grace. They all had so much fun. It was so hot, I was almost tempted to join them. Luckily for the other adults the key word in that sentence was "almost."
Caleb and Cameron pre-sliding

Cameron trying out the action

Caleb getting his slide-groove goin'

Drew caught on quickly

Grace was 'all smiles'

And, the last picture would not cooperate for the life of me. My Dad heard there was homemade ice cream, and came on over. He decided to give Cameron some help on sliding techniques...

No comments: